Caramanna, Friedberg LLP is a law firm located in Toronto, Ontario. We offer an intensive, practical and thorough articling experience. Usually two students are hired each year. During the articling term, students will:
- regularly visit clients at detention centres and jails;
- prepare files for trial;
- review and analyze disclosure;
- prepare Charter and pre-trial applications;
- draft further disclosure requests, or other defence motions;
- attend administrative set date courts;
- interview clients, witnesses, and potential sureties;
- conduct extensive legal research;
- handle calls from prospective clients;
- prepare bail hearings and bail review applications; and
- when ready, conduct Trials and pleas for summary conviction and provincial offence matters.
About our Firm
Caramanna, Friedberg LLP is an established criminal law firm practicing in the GTA consisting of nine criminal lawyers and two articling students. While located in Toronto, our practice extends all over Ontario and other provinces.
Our lawyers appear in all levels of trial courts in Ontario and have a wealth of experience defending every type of criminal offence. Our students are presented with the opportunity to work closely with counsel in order to gain the skills necessary to successfully practice criminal law.
Applications should include:
- a cover letter;
- a resume;
- law school transcripts;
- three reference letters; and
- a writing sample.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Following a review of applications, selected candidates are interviewed in accordance with the Law Society of Upper Canada Procedures for the recruitment of articling positions across the province of Ontario.