How Can I Change The Conditions Of My Release?

You can apply to vary any condition of your release order (bail) with the consent of the Crown Attorney. You will need approval of the variation to be signed off by a judge or Justice of the Peace, and your original bail conditions remain in effect until you receive the signed and approved form.  There must be a justified reason for wanting to change a condition of your release order. If the court feels as though they need more information, the court may decide to hold a hearing.

If the Crown refuses to agree to a bail variation request, you can apply for a bail review by a judge of the Superior Court of Justice.



We're Here To Help