How Should I Prepare For My Bail Hearing?
The first step is to contact a lawyer. You will also want to prepare answers to the following questions so that your lawyer can canvass and prepare a bail plan for you:
- Where you will be residing;
- Who you will be residing with;
- Who is able to supervise you;
- What conditions you would not be able to comply with;
- Information about your schooling, job, or responsibilities you have; and
- If substance abuse issues are present, how you intend on tackling them (i.e. counselling or treatment).