What Questions Should I Ask An Immigration Lawyer?
If you are facing criminal charges and are not a Canadian citizen, it is in your best interest to speak with an immigration lawyer in order to appreciate the consequences that a criminal conviction can have on one’s immigration status.
Some questions you will want to ask an immigration lawyer may include:
- What their speciality within the field of immigration law is, if any;
- Whether the resolution offer proposed in my case makes me inadmissible under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
- Whether one can overcome inadmissibly under the IRPA;
How the deportation process works;
- What happens at a deportation hearing; and
- What the travel consequences are to a conviction in my case, if any;